8.21.2011

Editorial - photo

Previously, I've mentioned the type of make up artist in different field. One of which is the Fashion Make Up artist, the one I'd like to become if I've been given a chance before..

Editorial make up is one of the most common make up done with magazines and run way. It is something that you cannot wear everyday. It is not an everyday makeup look. It has concepts and it is more bold, blunt, dramatic and very avant garde. Most of the time it is very colorful, artistic and it uses not just ordinary makeup.

I've tried to create my very first editorial photo makeup. My theme is "make up boo-boos" Green and blue are my favorite color thus I've used this two colors to make my editorial. It took me a few minutes only because the concept should involve the looks of a makeup gone messed up. I've downloaded a few magazine cover from iphone to try how it should look. I'm missing a lot. First, I am just using a camera from a laptop, I've got no falsies that would enhance the do... Anyways It looks less bolder because I don't  have great lightings and camera.. I purposely didn't blend the eye make up that much to make it look like weird makeup. Editorial makeup normally is not a wearable type of make up.. this one looks a bit wearable if you're living on the 80's hehehe....Anyways practice makes perfect.. I'll try to recreate an existing editorial photo next time..



First shot..covers are from iphone
second shot


different magazine

another shot







No comments:

Post a Comment